Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bittersweet Endings & New Beginnings


Have you ever been beyond excited about what's ahead but sad to leave parts of the present behind?    
As I type this, I'm anxiously awaiting tomorrow.  You see, it will be my last day with Cigna.  It's going to be a bittersweet day but I'm beyond excited about the days to come.  Looking back over the past 3+ years of my life, I have been incredibly blessed to have worked for a stellar company and with wonderful people.  Have there been bumps, bruises, increased stress levels and questions as to why I went there?  I'll keep this G Rated and just say, "absolutely."  That's the case for most, if not all, jobs though.  Change is tough and I'm still learning how to bend and adapt to it.
From being there, I learned so much more about true empathy, understanding where others are coming from and trying to love them right where they are.  I've gained a plethora of business and insurance knowledge and wouldn’t trade it for anything.  The best part about it was the people there.  There were times I sat and cried with members who just needed someone to talk to or who I could wholeheartedly relate to.  There were also times when people yelled and screamed and I didn’t necessarily respond with grace.  We'll just call those lessons learned.  :) 
Along the way there were friendships formed that I wouldn't trade for anything.  The people I've been privileged to work for and along side have been a strong team and taught me so much about what it is to be an independent woman who works hard for what she wants while knowing it's okay to ask questions or for guidance.  I've been fortunate for to experience interactions in "Corporate America" and to leave a company knowing I gave it my all and it was appreciated.  Leaving there will be most difficult because of the incredible encounters and bonds formed.
New mercies are refreshing and that's why new beginnings are so exciting.  I feel like I should be more terrified about starting anew but there's such peace with the excitement.  I'm done being afraid and excited about what's to come.  It's been confirmed countless times over the past two weeks that this was a God given opportunity and an answer to much prayer.  Hope for the future is never lost so here's to the next step on this indescribably journey that's pretty much just begun!

No comments: