Tuesday, June 10, 2008

All I can say is wow...

He knows what we need! I had planned to just crash early but didn't that didn't happen. I decided to get out an old journal and start that back up again. In the process I found something I forgot purchasing months ago. A book by Beth Moore, "Discovering God's Purpose for your Life."

Hello! Coincidence? I think not! It was like one of those big flashing billboards that Tammy and I want sometimes. "My determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His person." Philippians 3:10 (Amplified Bible) Beth talks about how there is a constant dispute going on within us between our inner man & things of the Spirit. To truly know our purpose we are to truly know God. In knowing his character, we are to learn his plans. DUH! This has been said to me by others before in different words and it was like a light bulb went off above my head...ding ding ding!!!

Then when I signed on here I saw two precious comments that reaffirmed God's knowing his plans and that I'm right where I'm supposed to be. God used you two ladies tonight in that!

A lot of you know the main thing I said after going through Tres Dias. "I got my joy back." Well this quote from the book makes me all happy inside. "He is determined to pursue you because He knows the greatest joy in your life will come from His plan for you."

Isn't God great? He meets us where we are and always comes through!

Sleep Sweet.

5 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Girl,all I can say is that you are one awesome chick. Nobody makes me laugh like you do. I can truly say that I absolutely love hanging out with you just because of who you are...know that WHO you are and WHoSE you are is so much more important that who you are with or what you have done. Did that make any sense to anybody but me?
Peace,
Terri

Maddie said...

Made perfect sense to me! Jenny - you know I love you and think you are awesome. Remember even David backslid and wrestled with his own spirit, and God Himself called him a man after His own heart. You are right. Our purpose is to know Him and to love Him. And I think you are right on track!

Kevin & Lacey Hammontree said...

Girl, you are going to make it.
I still cry when I hear you say you got your joy back!!
Those words mean so much to me!!!

I'm Praying for you!!

Lacey H

Brad and Shana said...

Hey, I'm totally reading between the lines here......and I may be way off base, but I'm gonna take a stab, and hope I'm right.....and hope you see the humor in it.

But, my question is this:

Does this mean that God can use something like a cluttered room to hide something away until just the time that it's needed. If so, score, because my house (especially my room and desk) is always cluttered.

Naturally, you may have known where it was all along, but your post mentioned that you found it, and I was hoping against all hope for a defense in my clutter....because um, Jenny, I've seen your room. Ha ha ha ha ha

OK that was a stretch, and probably completely stupid, and everybody reading this is saying "Huh???" but that's the way I roll. And you know me, and love me anyway.

Just trying to have some fun....in some sort of warped and twisted way. Did I mention that's how I roll? Thankyouverymuch!

PS (as if I've not said enough)- Kudos to God for showing up and reaffirming my pal JennyBelle.

-Peace out

Tammy Howard said...

That's awesome! I love when stuff like that happens.

I think clutter can be used for good too Shana....God did it here...why not our houses?

Keep digging Jenny! There is lots more God is going to show you.

Love,

Tammy