Monday, June 9, 2008

Life

The past few days have been kinda blah. In all honesty, I don't know all of why I feel this way. Part of it is because the devil is trying to get at me like he does us all. Today marked 5 years from my high school graduation and I'm not anywhere close to where I feel I should be. I'm frustrated with myself for getting so far off track. College diploma? Nope. Married? Nope. Permanent job? Nope. Oh and I started to backslide with my eating and have gained a little weight back...that's just frustrating because I knew I was doing it and at the time I didn't do anything about it.

As I was typing the above, God reminded me of something that I've been ignoring all day...Whose standards do we compare to? The world's. I'm human and I admit it and it just ticks me off. I'm unorganized, selfish, petty and the list goes on. Thankfully there is God that loves me and has a plan...I just wish I knew what that plan was. There is no need to compare myself to anyone's life because mine is different. Please pray that the Lord's plan will be revealed to me or that I would receive some sort of peace or direction about where I'm going. I must say, I'm glad HE knows and is in control because there is no telling what kind of trouble I'd be in if it were up to me!

What now? I'm back on the healthy wagon, trying to dive deeper in the the Word (easier said than done for me) and am about to sleep. The only option is to hold tight to the Father and to keep moving forward right? Grrrr...sometimes words come back to bite ya in the rear? It sure does make feeling sorry for yourself hard to do. Started this one out all bummed and am kinda refreshed now. He's a great God huh?

Holla!
Jen

4 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

JennyBelle,

You are exactly where God wants you to be. You've already said it yourself, but allow me to reitterate......there is no "right" or "correct" calendar or path. There are no expectations.

It is very clear to everyone that you love the Lord and are trying to live your life for him, and if you ask me, there's no better place to be.

Circumstances in life change all the time, but you my deary, are grounded in him....you are His...and that, my friend is worth way more than careers and diplomas (not that those are bad things).

Just keep moving forward, just like the rest of us. 'Cause you know what? We have not "arrived" until we get to Heaven.

Love you JennyBelle, you are such an encouragement to me.

-Peace out, yo

-brittany- said...

Do you know how much you mean to so many people? How big of an encouragement you are? How much joy you bring? It can be seen that the joy of the Lord is your strength. It shines all over your bright smile every time I see you.

You are so precious in his sight. So many thing are yet to come for you and will be revealed in HIS perfect timing and HIS plans are far greater than anything we can imagine.

"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Cyndi Lou said...

Jenny,

Ditto what those ladies said girl! True that!!! You are such an AWESOME person and you mean so much to so MANY people- including the Rogers family!! You are looking great and you are serving Him, what more could you ask for?

You are comparing yourself to the world's standards, not the Lord's. I know it is hard! We all do it!! I am SUPER guilty of it. Hold on tight to Him and never let go!

We love you girl! Also, thank you for encouraging me the other day!

By the way, your new picture looks great on the blog!!

Love,

Cyndi

Anonymous said...

Okay, This is why I hate to write on a computer. I commented on Tammy's and forgot to sign in so I have to do it over . Now I commented on yours and forgot to sign in and I have to do it over. Next time i will just tell you to comment for me.

I know you find it hard to believe that we all have long lists of things we need to work on, even me. I know that surprises you because I keep telling you I'm perfect and i know everything!
You are an amazing woman and I'm so proud of you and like the "girls" you make me smile.
Love,
Mom