Monday, June 23, 2008

VACATION!!!

I'm in Florida til Thursday and must say that I'm loving it very much. We left out Saturday morning and went to the beach yesterday & today. We've also layed out on the dock a bit. Oh and get this, I have already read 1 book and have started another. I CAN READ!!! I know that was doubted by some (my brother in law was probably one). We've watched movies and played games and have just enjoyed being awaya!! I do miss my family, I'm not going to lie. I'm so blessed by them and am so stinkin thankful for where God has brought us from and to where we are now. We actually kinda like each other. :) Maddie and Ella both asked me yesterday after finding out I was in Florida, "Are you at Disney World without us?" There was some disappointment in their voices. It was sweet, they are precious and no, I'm not at Disney World without them. Mom, Dad, Tammy & even Eric...I miss y'all too and look forward to seeing you as well. :) Maddie Belle & Ella Bella, I can't wait to see you and show you your surprises. Be sweet and pick on Pop & Daddy for me while I'm gone.



Random sidenote...



It's crazy how thigns can change. Later on this week it will mark 1 year since I met him. A few months later most of us thought he was "the one." We're not for one another and that's been confirmed many times. Wade told me back in Feb. that he was part of the healing process and that God used him to put some pieces back together. I'm still thankful for those words, Wade.



I've been over it for awhile but am really excited about what the future holds. Yeah, I get impatient at times...hard to believe huh? Haha. I know that God has something great in store and look forward to that. It won't be easy but it will be right and God ordained. How could it be any better?



Well gangstas, after rambling I'm going to sign off and enjoy more vacation.



Peace Out.

5 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

You go girl with the reading. That's what I love to do when I'm on vacation. No cleaning, no cooking, no dishes....just read, read, read! I love it.

You are a very special aunt and those girls absolutely adore you. I think Erin adores you now, too. Will you be her adopted aunt? Jay is still going around saying "peace out". He told his Daddy that he(Ken) was holding his fingers the wrong the way when he did it back to Jay. It cracked us up!

Girl, God's got big things in store for you! Straight from Cyndi's blog title, "You're awesome and destined for great things." Sometimes we have no clue why things are working the way they are but God's got it in his hand. Ken and I sometimes reflect on things in our past and realize how they got us where we are today. It seemed impossible when we were in the moment. He always uses that stuff. We often have to remind ourselves of that when it gets tough.
hugs to you,

Maddie said...

We miss you too! I am enjoying the beach vicariously through you! I'm with Terri, you ARE destined for great things! See you Thursday.

Brad and Shana said...

Ok, this is the third time that I've tried to leave a comment for you....I'm beginning to think you've got me blocked.....but here goes another try.....

I'm so stoked that you're getting some much needed R&R. We miss you here too.....and are incredibly envious, but we're thrilled that you're getting some fun time away with friends. Enjoy it. Soak it up. Drink it in.....you name it, do it.

Have fun

Cyndi Lou said...

Dear Sweet Jenny,

I am so happy that you are getting some rest at the beach! That is an awesome place to READ, and REST, and think about your awesome future!! You ARE AWESOME & Destined for GREAT THINGS!! I know I surely doubted that fact in my life on more than one occasion, but God's grace & timing is SO UNREAL! He knows the plans for you my sister and they are for good and not for harm!

When you doubt where you are, or what (you think) you may have lost, remember Jeremiah 29:11!!! He is OH SO GOOD, girl!!

Have a wonderful vacation and PEACE OUT!! We love you so very much & we miss you!!

Love you,

Cyndi

-brittany- said...

I love the live beach feed. It sounds like you guys are having an awesome time. I always feel it is hard to truly relax unless I get away.

In your rest and relaxation just. . .
Be still and know that I am God. He has you so very tight and is not ever going to let go :)

Love ya girl!

If you don't blog them all :) I want to meet up and see pictures when you get back!