Monday, September 1, 2008

God's Timing-Just For Me

I am so blessed. Yes, I screw up and do it often but am so thankful for the grace of our God. My family is so encouraging as are some very precious friends. I was able to talk to 2 very great ladies(you know who you are) tonight about some stuff and parts of what they said was reaffirmed when I was reading the intro to the study we're going to do in Sunday School. The study is called Jaded and it looks like it's going to be goooood! The author asks us to write down about some of our disappointments and how we felt after them. He then asks us how God has reacted after we disregarded Him and about paint we've experienced from that. A little bit later there were a few lines that struck me...tonight these words were "just for me." "He chose-and still chooses- to engage with people even when they hurt Him through their disobedience. He doesn't give up, He still moves forward."
How awesome is that? I've been praying for a desire to thirst for God more and tonight He showed me where I needed to start! He knows that I screw up and am one inconsistant woman but doesn't give up on me. He still moves forward. Sounds like a familiar blog title? Oh wait...yep, sure does. I haven't been living by this lately. I have gotten so frustrated with myself about backsliding in different areas. I focus on the negative rather than the positive at times and that's going to cease. God doesn't focus on it...He chooses to "keep moving forward." For that I am so thankful and love the fact that we get to start anew. I'm looking forward to diving into this study and to see what God has in store for all of us as the year progresses! Now it's time for bed...tomorrow is my craziest day of the week.

6 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Great post JEnny!!! I have to keep reminding myself that God loves me in spite of my stupidity. Sometimes, I don't know what I'm thinking when I'm so disobedient.

Maddie said...

How do people get through this life without that hope??? To know that God loves us and will NEVER give up on us. Whew...sure makes me thankful. I love you and I won't ever give up on you either!

Brad and Shana said...

I read a book not long ago that included a section about how God knows how many attempts/failures it will take to get us to a place of obedience. Instead of being angry with us when we mess up, he rejoices, knowing that we are now only "x number" attemtps away from true obedience. Does that make any sense?

I'm so thankful he is patient in his pursuit of us, and that his love is never ending. Thanks for the encouragement. I think YOU'RE pretty great yourself!!

Love you bunches
Shana

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Now that IS a "glass half full" way of looking at it. I love that! Okay, how many do I have down, God-more than I did yesterday.
Thanks Shana,
Terri

Kevin & Lacey Hammontree said...

Jenny,

God has a huge plan for us in this bible study. I have been reading it and praying to God that I can be honest with myself. Because if not I'll never make it through it.

Your right He keeps us moving forward!!

Love ya girl,
Lacey H

Justin said...

Jenny,

I am right there with you. God has brought me out of some "Un-Godly" palces in my life. There are times that I fail in my walk with him, but he is so awesome he picks me up each time dust me off and puts me back on the track I am to be on. This study is something I know that I need, and I am glad that others are seeing they do too. It is going to open us up to be more intune with God I think. And I can not wait. That is exactly what we need. Life it hard, but we have God and eachother to Lean on... and like Lacey said, I am praying that God lets me be honest with my self and others so I can get the fullness of his blessings. I Love ya buddy!