Monday, July 19, 2010

Confirmation...Well, kinda.

Wow. Later on Friday night, after posting the last one, I received confirmation on names and am 99.9% sure of who my biological birth mother and half brother are. Little things are still clicking and it's the strangest feeling. Unless this is one of the biggest coincidences EVER, I found my entire immediate biological family within 4 days! Did you catch that? 4 DAYS!

In some ways I feel as though I expected and others, not at all. In all honesty, I thought I'd be perfectly happy just know who they were and that they're ok. I'm glad they're ok, from what I can tell, but I want more. I long to know them and what they're like. I know that I favor what she used to look like (from what my bio. father says) and look a lot like the bio. brother now. I also know that my half bro. is musically inclined. But I want to know their passions and personalities. I know that they're both believers though so that's a wonderful thing! As for my bio. father, I'm not sure yet. Waiting to ask that question because I don't know what his experiences with the church has been.

This week, we're hoping to hear back from the registry to confirm a few things. Then I guess we'll do a DNA test but I really have no clue. As for my bio. mother and brother, I am not sure what to do. I'm going to talk to the registry to see what they suggest but I think I'm going to ask them to contact her so she'll know that I know who they are. I had people looking into it for me so they know as well. I trust they won't tell but don't want my bio. brother to find out from anyone other than her.

I really wish I knew someone who had been in a similar situation. It's all still a weird feeling...and so many emotions all at once. Not a horrible feeling. Yes, there are some fears and concerns I have but I'm thankful to know all that I know now.

I got a message from my bio. father last night about his biological family. Turns out he was the product of a one night stand and his dad was in the Navy. I couldn't help but laugh and be thankful that generational thing stopped with me.

Today is when I'm hoping to hear something from the Registry and let them know about my knowledge of my bio. mother & bother. Hopefully they can give me some guidance on what the next step would be. I know what I WANT to do, but I doubt that's what I SHOULD do.

Thanks again to everyone for your prayers and encouragement.

Love-Jen.

1 comment:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Lots of decisions...decisions. I love you and I support you with whatever you decide. Praying for you all along the way. I do have a friend that was adopted into a WONDERFUL family and I believe that years ago she found her birth mother. She's also a great christian and a wonderful listener. If you're interested, maybe we could all go have dinner. She might have some insight just because she's been through the process already. She's also older and wiser than me.