Monday, July 19, 2010

Now What?

Today was the day that confirmed it all. I can now say that I know who my entire immediate biological family is! It's the strangest thing and I'm still at a loss for the proper description. I'm definitely thankful to now have answers but now what? What am I supposed to do with all of the information that I have? Where do we all go from here? I never thought about that...I just focused on finding them, not what would follow...

As for things with my biological father and his family, we're just going to take things slowly and get to know one another. He seems very happy to have this chance now and his wife and daughter have taken it well.

I'll be sending a letter to my biological mother tomorrow that basically says that I found my biological father and with talking to him and the info. I've gathered over the years, I was able to find out who she and my brother are. Now that 2 people in that area know, other than me, there's always the chance of it getting out in a small town. I just don't want either of them to be caught off guard. Especially if she never told him, which I don't think she did. I HOPE she will tell him but am trying to be understanding of the fact that she will have her reasons if she chooses not to. I would love to develop a friendship with them as well but only time will tell.

The next week or so will be a great time to continue to just take it all in and process all that has transpired since Wednesday and to try and figure out what the next steps should and will be. I know for certain that I am thankful that God has brought me this far and isn't finished with this yet. As Nancy said, "He's an on time God." So finding out all of this now has been for a reason. What's next? No clue but I have a peace now to have some of the answers I've been longing for over the years. Thank you Lord!

5 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

This is sooooo exciting! I got your text while I was checking out at Lowe's and then I got caught up in a price check and it flew outta my brain...I know, I'm crazy like that. I'm soooooo thrilled for you. Wow, hey, I think you should "keep moving forward". hugs!

Jenny said...

Thank you, Terri! Oh and I would love to talk to your friend!

LIGHTHOUSE said...

Jenny!
How exciting! I am praying that you will "BE STILL" and listen for HIM to guide you. I just could feel the excitment in your blog... so happy for you and your new adventure! Love ya Girl!

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Okay, I just saw your response to this. I'm gonna call her tomorrow and see what I can set up. Hugs to you. Do you work every day M-F, now?

Jenny said...

Thanks a bunch, Cindy! Hope you're doing well!

Terri, Mon, Wed & Fri are the days I work until August 16 and then it's M-F.