Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Really?

It's been over a week since the letter was mailed and I can honestly tell you that I'm still amazed at what God has done and is continuing to do. He's had this entire situation worked out since before my birth.

I got a phone call last Friday afternoon and when I sit and think hard about it, I still cry a little. Good/happy tears though. The phone call was from my biological mother. It's still so hard to believe that I have now spoken with her multiple times. Everything has still been surreal until the last day or so. Yes, things are still sinking in but nerves are starting to make me very ancy(sp?).

I won't put too many personal details in but she did say she knew that day would always come. She ended up telling my older brother later that day and he received the news really well. Surprisingly, I got a message from his girlfriend just hours after I spoke to my biological mother and she's been so sweet! I've talked to both of them and it's been very encouraging. My older brother and I have mutual friends and it's all so funny to think about how we look so much alike but no one would have ever thought to put the pieces together.

It's comforting to know that my biological mother knew who I was my entire life, somehow. She basically kept tabs on me up until I moved...she even knew about my wreck. For so long I struggled with wondering why I was given up and I think that led to a lot of insecurities and fear of rejection growing up and even still today. That's just how my mind was twisting the reality. I found out when I was 17 as to why she gave me up and I'm forever grateful for what she did. It was the best thing for her, my bro. and me.

I'll be meeting my biological mother next Saturday for dinner and then the rest of her side of the family the following weekend. Am I nervous? Absofreakinlutely! But I know that things will be alright. God didn't bring us this far for things to unravel. Here's the more pieces fitting together!

No comments: