Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tis the season..

...to get married (or engaged). Fa la la la la-la la la (barf!) ONLY KIDDING! I'm in the stage of life now where it seems to be happening all around me. Well, it's been around often but I'm in the stage of life where it's more noticeable to me. HA! I'm going to be honest here and don't really expect or desire responses to this post...I'm just laying it out there. This whole blog thing is great for accountability. I'm not going to lie, it's been hard at times being the single one again. I've wanted to date some since ending things with Wes but God is showing me things. It's not the right time. I need to lay that desire at HIS feet and leave it for good. It's not about what I want. It's about serving Christ and doing work that glorifies Him. I believe that being married one day is in His plan for me but until then, I need to be focused on showing the love of Christ in a practical way.

Going back to school will also be a big time consumer! Going to classes is a must this time around...and I'm still looking forward to it. With the crazy schedule I have, I won't be able to help out with the youth anymore but God has given me a peace about that. I do hope to get plugged into some other type of ministry near by though. Please pray for God's guidance there as well.

OH, back to the wedding thing(A.D.D!!! A.D.D!!!) ...I'm one of the 2 maids of honor for Kimberly and am super excited about that. It will be fun to help plan things over the next 11 months and to keep her sane!! It's really great to see her with Tony. They truly love one another and it's such a blessing to be around the two of them. She's getting to marry her best friend and that's what she's always wanted and is what she deserves.


*Jen

1 comment:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

The only thing I'm gonna comment about is the youth thing...that just makes me sad...real sad. No, I know your busy but feel free to drop in whenever you have a break. You are loved, needed and will be missed.
love ya',
Terri